I’ve had this conversation with my Dad. And other people. Truly, being /punk/metal/goth is a hard path to walk.
uhura in mirror, mirror gives me chills and fainting spells i mean like okay
- she’s scared and she admits to being scared but she goes onto that bridge and plays the most dangerous game of cat and mouse ever with the terrifying mirror!sulu anyway
- and she plays that game really, really well
- she wins that game
- so despite her fears, she rises to the occasion because her friends are depending on her and because she’s depending on herself
- but that’s not all
- she’s not just one kind of brave—because when mirror!spock attacks, with his incredible vulcan strength, she’s right in there fighting him with bones, scotty, and jim
- she just throws herself into the fray without so much as a second thought
- obviously adrenaline’s racing and fight or flight kicks in—but uhura chooses fight
- she lands about as many blows as the others, too
- and she’s the one who has enough presence of mind, despite watching spock fend off all four of them because he’s just that good, to reach for something heavy to turn the tides in their favor
- so it’s not just about her grace under pressure, her ability to distract an enemy, to trade barbed flirtations despite the hidden edge of a knife between each riposte
- it’s about how the narrative reinforces her equality as well as the special part she has to play
- seriously. shivers.
Waiting for the inevitable supernatural gif…
DID SOMEBODY SAY PIE?
WELL DONE PUSHING DAISIES FANDOM
bar none the best post i’ve ever seen on this website
So as anyone who follows me on Twitter knows, I’ve been working my way through TOS. Tonight I watched 2x05 The Apple.
Anyway, this one redshirt gets “don’t fuck with the alien plant life” treatment within like five minutes
and then on a comm, Scotty says to Jim: “It’s a shame about Hendorff.”
And I’m like HOLD UP because
Hendorff is Cupcake, everyone’s favourite AOS redshirt!
So at first I was like, “Four for you, Hendorff, not dying horribly in the alternate universe.” But then I was like HOLD UP again.
Because you mean to tell me, that the time and effort you spent elevating a fucking redshirt with no lines and almost no screentime to a recurring character - one that has appeared in BOTH reboot movies and even his own damn issue of the comics - none of that could’ve been spent on this actual fleshed out beloved crew member:
who instead received one line of fucking sexist fanboy servicing bullshit?
w o w
Oh, wow. The usual version of wing tattoos where they’re folded up against the shoulder blades doesn’t appeal to me but these… oh yes.
GET ON MY BODY
still really love this.
Yes. These are the wings i want
I love how seemingly everyone on this site is a Harry Potter fan to at least some extent. Like, they may never talk about it but then some awesome Harry Potter headcanon or gif comes up and they’re like, “Yeah, gotta reblog that,” and no one goes, “Oh, I didn’t realise you liked Harry Potter stuff,” because of course they do. Everybody does.
Reblogging for truth. :)